Monday, September 22, 2008

Walworth County Fair





When Jay was growing up, the Lumkes family spent every Labor Day Weekend at the Walworth County Fair: eating junk food, checking out the farm animals, riding the carnival rides, viewing the horse pulls, and watching the demolition derby. I think Jenny will probably grow up doing the same thing with her cousins. I think I prefer to sit by the lake reading a book.
Jenny did enjoy the carousel, to my amazement. Jay always enjoys playing skeeball. I like the ice cream.
The school year has gotten off to a good start. I teach the last two periods of the day. The volleyball season has gone okay. My team is nice, but very young, and we make a lot of young mistakes. I'll be glad when the season is done and I can drop Jenny off at 1pm and pick her up at 3:30pm. Fortunately, Jay's schedule has enabled him to pick up Jenny on the days when I cannot, although it has made his days pretty hectic. Jenny loves coming to the volleyball games because she knows she gets to run around the gym throwing the volleyball around as soon as the match is done. She'll be way more disappointed than I am when the season is done!


No comments: