Jenny likes to pretend she is on stage singing. Her repertoire is pretty small: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "Away in a Manger", and "ABC" are her three favorite.
We've had a couple of good weeks here in the Chicago area. The weather has been a little warmer. I'm always grateful when we get a couple of days over 45 degrees. It is a good reminder that winter cannot last forever. We had a good analogy in church last week - just as winter and darkness cannot prevent the coming of the beauty of spring, neither can Satan prevent Jesus from coming again and making everything beautiful.
I went to the Chicago Autoshow a couple of weeks ago (Jay stayed home with Jenny). This has become a fun tradition with our friends. We walk around, check out the cars, sit in the models we like and decide what cars we would buy in the follwoing catergories: under $25,000, under $35,000, and money is no object. My "money is no object" car was the BMW 750. I'm not a car expert, but it was beautiful.
Jay and I also went downtown to see Blue Man Group last Thursday. We first went and had an excellent steak dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and then we went to see the show. We had both seen a Blue Man performance, but it was fun to see it again. They had a few new acts, and I enjoyed the old ones too. I had a suspicion that Danny was going to propose, so I ran out of the theater as soon as the performance was done, turned on my phone, and listened to the exciting message from Danny. It was a very good evening. The only downfall was that Jay had the hiccups for about 38 hours and didn't enjoy the meal as much as I did. Fortunately a bowl of ice cream seemed to cure him when we got home.
I was reminded today that I really like to learn. I attended a Social Studies conference and heard 3 interesting lectures ranging from the Emancipation Proclamation to the Boxer Rebellion. Sometimes I wish I could go back to school. I think I would get a lot more out of it the second time around.
Four weeks from today we leave for Gulf Shores, Alabama. I've never been, but I'm looking forward to it!
1 comment:
The pictures of Jenny are darling. She has a great imagination - can tell she is Shelby's protegy! Glad you guys have had some fun stuff. Poor Jay - hiccups are anoying when they only last 5 minutes! Did he annoy everyone at the show?
Post a Comment