Friday, May 29, 2009

Adjusting

Andrew is one week old and we are adjusting to having a newborn in the house. He seems to be a good baby so far, only crying when he is wet or hungry. He sleeps for long stretches at a time (4-5 hours), but it is usually from 7am-noon. We need to get him to sleep from 1am-6am. Unfortunately, his "awake" time is usually 1-4am. I had forgotten how much laundry a new baby generates, and I have been surprised at how ineffective diapers are at containing little boys.

Jenny is adjusting. She misses Grandma. When Andrew was crying yesterday she said "Maybe he wants Grandma to come back." I think Jenny wants Grandma to come back - Mommy isn't as much fun. She has begun to ask that I put Andrew down on the floor so I can play, and she wants to sit on my tummy "just like Andrew". She went to her cousin's house today, and she was adamant that Andrew "stay home". But she also likes to watch him take a bath, and get his diaper changed. Last night she wanted to read him a book. She'll adjust.

Jay is back at work, spending last night in MI. He was given a brief hiatus in his travels, but he is back at it. We're hoping he is sent someplace fun this summer so the kids and I can tag along.

I am doing well, but I am looking forward to exercising again. The weather has been great, and I would love to get outside for a good walk or jog.

I apologize for not having more pictures. I need to get on that! The picture of Jenny was taken at an Arboretum shortly before Andrew was born.









No comments: