We had planned on spending Labor Day weekend in WI, but our departure was pushed back a day as our family battled the flu last week. Fortunately Andrew stayed healthy and on Sunday morning we loaded up the minivan and headed to WI for church to witness the baptism of Jay's niece. Sunday afternoon found us lounging by the lake while the cousins went swimming and Jay did some tubing. On Monday morning Jay got up at the crack of dawn to go skiing with a friend and a brother-in-law. He was quite pleased that after a five year hiatus he can still bare-foot water ski. When he returned we headed to the local fair where we spent the day eating, watching a demolition derby, and watching Jenny and her cousin Camron go on the rides together. Usually the fair is a good excuse to eat all sorts of unhealthy food, however as we drove home I decided the bratwurst and ice cream I consumed did not do the fair justice. I'll have to try to eat some more deep-fat-fried items next year. Andrew didn't seem to care about the fair, but he did take an excellent nap in his stroller as we walked around.
On Tuesday morning Jenny started preschool and seemed to have a good time. She enjoyed playing dress up with the other girls and eating the crackers and apples. Those two things seemed to be the highlights of her day.
I am adjusting to not working every day. It was a little weird when the school year started and I did not head back to work. But I am enjoying spending the day with Jenny and Andrew and going about our business without keeping an eye on the clock. Jay continues to be busy with work.
We're looking forward to the "wedding season" coming up and seeing everyone often!
No comments:
Post a Comment