Growing up in sunny, southern California did not prepare me for sending my kids to school appropriately dressed and prepared for the weather. At Jenny's preschool the kids go outside for recess as long as it is over 22 degrees and not raining or snowing. Last week I thought I was doing pretty good when I sent her with a warm coat, gloves, hat, and snowboots. However, when I went to pick her up I realized she was the only child there who did not also have snowpants on. The poor kid was soaking wet. Having been a teacher myself I'm sure the two teachers were discussing my parenting skills (or lack thereof) as they helped the children get ready to go outside to play. Needless to say, Jenny will have her snowpants in her backpack for the rest of the winter!
April in Escalon
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment