My Packer Fans!
Jenny and her snowman.

Andrew driving the bus at the Children's Museum in Stockton.

It was a perfect day for skiing.

The whole group
Andrew driving the bus at the Children's Museum in Stockton.
It was a perfect day for skiing.
The whole group
Once again it's been awhile since my last post.
December came and went and we enjoyed a good time in CA celebrating Christmas with my family. Jay and I were able to spend a day skiing with the siblings while Mom and Dad graciously watched the kids. We had a great day and we hope to do it again some time. It had been years since either Jay or I had skied, but we picked it up fairly quickly and we both had a very good time. The seven of us had a lot of laughs. January brought another trip to CA for my Grandpa's funeral. It was a sad trip, but good to share fun memories of Grandpa. It was different to travel with no kids. I enjoyed hours of uninterrupted reading on the plane. I think January and February are the worst months in the mid-west. The days are short, it's cold, and it seems to drag on forever. Jay and Jenny took advantage of a relatively warm day (30 degrees) to go outside and make a snowman. They also did a little sledding. We spent a lot of time this month hanging out with friends and watching football. The Bears/Packers game was a good reason to get together. Ours was a house divided as I enjoy cheering for the Bears and Jay has successfully brain-washed our children to root for the Packers. Jay was ecstatic the Packers were able to pull it out and Jenny has been praying for a Packer victory in the Superbowl.
Last Friday we took the kids to the Shedd's Aquarium in Chicago for the afternoon. Periodically the Shedd offers "Free Days" so we took advantage of it and spent a few hours battling the crowds and looking at the variety of fish and other aquatic creatures. We've been there a few times but it never gets old. God's creation is pretty amazing.
We've also begun the admission process for kindergarten. It's hard to believe Jenny is old enough for school. Where has the time gone?
We're supposed to get a huge snowstorm this week so I am hoping for the snow day. Even though I'm barely part-time it's nice to look forward to a possible day off.
No comments:
Post a Comment