Monday, March 30, 2009

Vacation

We left Naperville on Friday night around 8:30pm and we arrived in Gulf Shores, Alabama around noon on Saturday. Jay drove the whole way and seemed to still have energy when we arrived. Jenny did a GREAT job. She fell asleep around 2am and then slept until around 10am, waking up once or twice.
We had good weather on Saturday afternoon and we had almost perfect weather on Sunday. Today is also very nice and we have been able to enjoy the beach as well as the pool. The pool in our condo complex is very cold, fortunately a condo complex a few doors down has an indoor heated pool that we took advantage of yesterday. It was a good way to finish a day on the beach by jumping into the heated pool to get the sand off.
Our condo is nice and the location is fantastic. We are literally on the beach. We can walk out of the condo, cross the pool deck, and be on the beach. So far we are enjoying our vacation, we enjoy it even more when we realize it is snowing in Chicago. I've taken some pictures, but I'll have to post those later.

2 comments:

Ken & Corrine said...

Please have Jay take some pictures of a very pregnant Melanie! Glad you made it there safely and are enjoying the beach. I'm jealous! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Hey KLum! A few things.

First of all, I love reading your blog. It makes me smile. Secondly, I miss seeing you guys! When you get back from spring break, I still have to take you guys out to dinner. Let me know when you're free.

Email coming your way sometime in the next few days. Try to contain your excitement. :-)