Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vacation con't


Jenny and Jay enjoying the heated pool.


On the beach!

This was about as far in as a person could go in our pool..it was very cold!

We have returned home from vacation and we had had a wonderful time. I'm already hoping we can return next year.
After having good weather to start our trip the weather did take a turn for the worse. Tuesday was warm, humid, but so windy we could not be on the beach. Instead we spent the morning at the outlet mall and had a good time there. I think everyone came home with something new. On Wednesday it was very cloudy, but warm enough to be on the beach. On Thursday it rained quite hard most of the day so we spent our time playing cards, watching a movie, and reading books. On Friday the beautiful weather returned and we had a great day at the beach. Unfortunately the week went too fast and we left on Saturday morning. We drove just north of Louisville, KY before we stopped for the night. Jenny did a great job on the return trip as well. Thank goodness for DVD players.

Being in the deep south was interesting. The accents made me smile, and the people were quite friendly. A security guard at the local Wal-Mart looked at me, and with a wad of chew in his mouth and a pronounced southern accent pronounced, "You look like you are going to pop!" I was too surprised to even be offended.

With our vacation behind us we now look forward to the arrival of the new baby. We are still struggling to come up with a boys name, but we may have narrowed it down to three options. After today I only have 15 more teaching days, and I am looking forward to being done teaching for the year. I still have not heard a final answer about my job next year, but it's not looking good. At this point we are not worrying about it, it's out of our hands.
Hopefully we can get out to CA this summer and see everyone!

No comments: