Last weekend we were able to take a short trip to WI. On Thursday afternoon we left for Prairie du Chien which is an old town right on the Mississippi River. I had never been to western WI before and I was surprised at the beautiful scenery. We had a nice hotel that had a great pool for the kids, and we enjoyed seeing some of the area and visiting some historical sights. On Friday afternoon we drove through a torrential downpour as we left for Madison, WI. On Saturday we enjoyed a great day seeing the sights in Madison. We wandered around a huge farmers market, we toured the state capital building, and we spent a considerable amount of time at their new Children's Museum. The kids had a great time, and Jay and I enjoyed it as well.

The kids along the Mississippi River


We hiked up to the top of the capital building. The view was pretty amazing, but you can't really tell it in this picture.

Jenny enjoyed the Children's Museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment